Internships are available to undergraduate students, who are either a Junior or Senior, in a Psychology, Social Work, Human Service, Criminal Justice or related undergraduate program. WOAR only accepts students who are completing the internship as a school requirement.
An intern must complete the 40 hour Sexual Assault Counselor training that is offered two times a year in the Fall and Winter/Spring. Other training arrangements can be made if these dates do not match your semester. All appropriate candidates will be contacted for an on-site interview. Paid internships are not available. A criminal background check and Child Abuse clearance must be submitted prior to starting your internship.
If you are interested, please submit a letter of interest describing the requirements of your program and a resume to:
Women Organized Against Rape
One Penn Center—Suburban Station
1617 John F. Kennedy Blvd., Suite 1100
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Phone: (215)985-3315 ext. 169
Click here to send an email
The responsibilities of an undergraduate intern are to:
- Provide crisis counseling information and referrals to callers on our 24 hour Hotline.
- Complete all client documentation in a professional and timely manner.
- Complete data entry and filing.
- Assist the Administrative Assistant through answering the main office phone, filing, and greeting clients in the lobby.
- Participate in monthly individual supervision.
- Provide medical accompaniment at the Philadelphia Sexual Assault Response Center (PSARC) when necessary.
- Complete special projects as assigned by the intern supervisor or other WOAR staff.
- Successfully complete the 40 hour Sexual Assault Crisis Counselor Training.
- Complete 10 hours of supervisory double staffing