WOAR Intake Coordinator reports to the Clinical Director or designee.
Direct Services – 80%
- Provides high quality and effective intake assessments to determine appropriate treatment.
- Completes intake paperwork and consent forms accurately and within established time frames.
- Follows-up and provides case management services with clients as necessary.
- Refers clients to other agencies as appropriate.
- Collaborates with other agencies providing services to clients.
- Provides check in calls to clients on waitlist for individual services.
- Answers prospective client phone calls and email inquiries as needed.
- Answers hotline as necessary.
- Provides on-call back-up for weekend hotline coverage as needed.
- Advocates for proper treatment of victims of sexual assault.
Administrative Responsibilities – 10%
- Provides training on sexual assault and treatment issues as assigned to volunteers, staff, community and professional groups.
- Completes required client paperwork and data entry in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintains accurate and current client files.
- Assists the Education services staff with the development of educational and outreach materials as requested.
- Assumes responsibility for on-going special projects as assigned.
Other Responsibilities – 5%
- Participates in weekly individual supervision with the Clinical Director and Clinical Manager.
- Participates in monthly department meetings.
- Participates in monthly agency meetings.
- Supports and participates in agency activities such as staff retreats, special events, volunteerrecognition events and fundraising as appropriate or assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Staff Development – 5%
- Participates in appropriate staff development activities.
- Stays abreast of current information concerning sexual assault issues.
- Stays abreast of current information concerning counseling techniques and interventions.
Skills and Requirements
- Must complete state mandated forty (40) hour victim service training
- Bachelor¡¦s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy, Counseling or any healthcare related field is required.
- Candidates working towards a master’s Degree in any of the above fields preferred but not required.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent writing and speaking skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Computer competency in Microsoft Office
- Capacity to work independently
- Some in-state travel required
- PA 33/34 certifiable and FBI certifiable
- Must adhere to professional ethics and agency confidentiality policy
- Philosophical orientation compatible with WOAR’s philosophy and mission
The POSITION is expected to comply with company attendance standards, the nature of some positions may require different standards in order to fulfill the essential functions of the job.
This job description is a summary and is not meant to cover every aspect and detail of the job. The Executive Director/Supervisor may add, delete, change or modify any part of this job at any time. The agency will make reasonable accommodation for known physical or mental limitations of a qualified employee/applicant with a disability providing the accommodation does not impose an undue hardship or significant risk of substantial harm to the individual, others, the agency’s operations or upon the quality of service.