Social Media Ambassadors
WOAR Needs Your Help!
Looking for ways to give back while doing what you love?
Women Organized Against Rape is inviting social media professionals, technology enthusiasts, and connected individuals to utilize their online communities to help promote WOAR in their effort to eliminate all forms of sexual violence. We offer specialized treatment services, comprehensive prevention education programs, and advocacy for the rights of victims of sexual assault.
You can help WOAR get the word out by incorporating our message into your social media activities.
What do Social Media Ambassadors do?
Ambassadors will highlight several campaigns, events or day-to-day social issues to focus on throughout the year (especially during Sexual Assault Awareness month). A blog post, Facebook mention, Instagram picture or Twitter post would be great. Liking, sharing and retweeting is fantastic too! The more ambassadors engage their audience, the more WOAR can share our mission with the community. We are looking for a one-year commitment.
Who qualifies to be a Social Media Ambassador (SMA)?
Ambassadors or SMAs are individuals who are passionate about WOARs mission, reproductive justice, or sexual health and have a large, active social media following. SMA’s can help raise awareness, donations, and digital relationships.
- The cream of the digital crop: Innovative users of digital technology who have shown leadership and creativity in their use of interactive tools to move their businesses and their clients’ businesses forward
- Community leaders: Leaders who are passionate and committed, and believe in the mission of WOAR to end sexual assault and violence
- Committed and passionate people: Everyday people who are comfortable utilizing social media networks to spread the mission of WOAR and promote sexual assault awareness
- Committed to WOAR’s mission
- Able to dedicate at least one to two hours a week to promote WOAR online
- Currently active on at least two social media sites
- Has at least 500 friends/followers on at least one social media site
- 18 years of age or older
- Fluent in English (Spanish speaker a plus but not required)
An Ambassador is willing to share with family, friends, and associates the great work that WOAR is doing.
WOAR’s Social Media Ambassadors offer not only information about sexual violence, WOAR, and our programs and events, but serves as an ALLY to anyone reading their posts that may have been a victim of sexual assault. At times, a person’s circumstances may seem despondent. Ambassador posts serve as a megaphone to the public and media that sexual assault is a preventable crime that deserves attention.
Benefits of being a Social Media Ambassador:
Not only will you feel immense gratitude… but you will receive a Social Media Ambassador Program badge to display on your social platforms, we will feature you on our Social Media Ambassador Hangout page, and repost and retweet anything you put out there about WOAR.
- Resume building
- Networking at events
- Opportunity to further develop brand
- Recognition for active participation
- Recommendation letter upon request
Each applicant must complete the online application. Applicants who are accepted as Social Media Ambassadors will receive training, training materials and a WOAR shirt.
To Apply: Please click here!
We will review your submission to determine whether you meet the criteria for our Social Media Ambassadors program.