Join Our Team. We’re Hiring!
Join a passionate community dedicated to advocating for social change and making a meaningful impact every single day. At WOAR – Philadelphia Center Against Sexual Violence (WOAR), we have been at the forefront of the movement to end sexual violence since 1971. Our mission is to empower survivors, provide healing support, and work towards creating a culture that prevents sexual violence through education and advocacy. To accomplish this mission, we fight all forms of oppression including racism and gender-based violence.
We value diversity and are committed to equal employment opportunities for all. Regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other protected status, we believe in creating an inclusive and supportive work environment. Join our team and be part of making a difference in the lives of the people who live in the city of Philadelphia.
We understand the importance of work-life balance. We believe that taking care of our team translates into better support for survivors and more impactful advocacy work.
With approximately 50 dedicated staff members and over 250 passionate volunteers, WOAR thrives on the contributions of our team. Many of our current staff began their journey with us as volunteers or interns, gaining valuable experience in this field. Explore opportunities to volunteer or intern with WOAR. Join us in creating a safer and more compassionate Philadelphia for survivors. Together, we can continue to make a difference and be a force for change. Check out our current job openings below and join our team of dedicated individuals committed to ending sexual violence and supporting survivors.
WOAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Education and Training Specialists
Job responsibilities include:
- Develop special initiatives to promote sexual violence prevention strategies to increase safety for individuals, families and communities
- Facilitate psycho-educational groups, workshops, and trainings both virtually and in-person for K-12 schools, colleges/universities/technical institutes, community, and professional organizations
- Collaborate with department, agency staff, and community partners to conduct sexual violence prevention programs using social media/virtual platforms, and/or in-person
- Stay abreast of sexual violence incidents to support service provision to schools, community agencies, and professionals requesting technical assistance
- Represent WOAR on panels and at conferences as a subject-matter-expert in the area of sexual violence, and on other platforms as assigned
- Develop materials, including trainings, newsletter articles, brochures, and more
Job responsibilities include:
- Works collaboratively with other community-based agencies, schools, and other community-facing institutions
- Establish critical linkages to sexual violence information and services for community members.
- Use a multicultural approach to engage and educate the community about WOAR, its goals, and the availability of services for sexual violence survivors
- Engage community key stakeholders and participate in effective marketing and outreach campaigns designed to reinforce and extend agency visibility in the community
- Provide the critical link between the communities served and the internal WOAR teams tasked with providing the education and training activities.