Due to COVID-19, this group now meets via Zoom. If you would like to join or have questions, please call our hotline at (215) 985-3333. CORE group is not a trauma processing group, so we will not be sharing details of one’s trauma. This is a space to talk through common emotions after trauma, build new coping skills, develop healthy boundaries, more. It’s a great space for self-reflection and learning with others.
Core is a drop-in, psychoeducational group open to anyone 18 or older. It’s led by WOAR Crisis Advocates and Graduate Interns (not therapists) and runs in 10 week cycles.
Each week we will cover a different topic related to trauma and healing. You can choose to every week of CORE, or you can pick and choose based on which sessions sound helpful to you.
Topic List for Each Session:
- Session 1: Understanding Sexual Violence and Common Responses to Trauma
- Session 2: Coping Skills & Self-Care
- Session 3: Feeling Identification & Expression
- Session 4: Self-Esteem
- Session 5: Healthy Boundaries
- Session 6: Dealing with Difficult Emotions -Anger
- Session 7: Dealing with Difficult Emotions -Guilt and Self-Blame
- Session 8: Assertiveness Skill Building
- Session 9: Support Networks
- Session 10: Relaxation Techniques- Progressive Muscle Relaxation (PMR)
For updates regarding upcoming sessions, please follow us on Instagram or Facebook.