Internships are available to undergraduate students, who are either a Junior or Senior, in a Psychology, Social Work, Human Service, Criminal Justice or related undergraduate program.
WOAR only accepts students who are completing the internship as a school requirement.
An intern must complete the 40 hours of Sexual Assault Counselor training that is offered two times a year in the Fall and Winter/Spring. Other training arrangements can be made if these dates do not match your semester. All appropriate candidates will be contacted for an on-site interview. Paid internships are not available. A criminal background check and Child Abuse clearance must be submitted before starting your internship.
The responsibilities of an undergraduate intern are to:
- Provides crisis counseling, information, and referrals to victim/survivors of sexual assault and sexual abuse, and significant others on our 24-hour hotline.
- Provides medical accompaniment at PSARC (Philadelphia Sexual Assault Response Center)
- Provides court accompaniment at Philadelphia’s Family Court and Criminal Justice Center, with interview and approval of our Court Advocate.
- Completes all necessary paperwork and client documentation in a professional and timely manner.
- Data Entry and Filing
- Works at the front desk assisting the Administrative Assistant, answering main office phone, filing, and greeting clients.
- Participates in individual supervision monthly.
- Complete special projects as assigned by supervisor or other WOAR staff.
Deadline to Apply: For Fall 2021 prospective interns, July 15th. For Spring 2022 prospective interns, December 1st
If you are interested, please email a letter of interest describing the requirements of your program, and your resume. Please write “Undergraduate Crisis Intern *the semester you’re applying for*” as the subject.
WOAR-Philadelphia Center Against Sexual Violence
One Penn Center—Suburban Station
1617 John F. Kennedy Blvd., Suite 800
Philadelphia, PA 19103